Eligibility for Admission to the First Year of LL.B. Degree Programme in accordance with OC-35A1.3
Any person who has graduated in any discipline from Goa University or any other University recognized as equivalent by Goa University and has obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST applicants) at the final year of the degree examination or any equivalent grade point shall be eligible for admission to the First Year LL.B., provided students from other than Goa University should obtain the necessary eligibility certificate from Goa University before seeking admission.
Documents to be submitted:
- Birth Certificate or Original S.S.C. Passing Certificate for proof of age (along with certified true copy).
- Original graduation Certificate and statement of marks (along with certified true copy).
- Transfer certificate from the Principal of the college last attended.
- In case of students other than from Goa University, Eligibility Certificate and/or Migration Certificate as the case may be, from the Goa University for the purpose of confirmation of admission.
Candidates who are desirous of seeking admission are required to fill in the application form and submit the same to the office completed in all respects by attaching relevant documents.
The College shall conduct an entrance examination for eligible candidates on a notified date.
This examination shall be conducted in the English language and shall be of 2 hours duration consisting of objective type and/or short answer questions consisting of the English language, general knowledge, computer knowledge, current affairs and logical reasoning. Admission will be based on merit giving equal weightage to performance at both – the qualifying examination and entrance examination and accordingly short listed candidates that can take admission will be displayed.
The intake capacity for the LL.B. degree Programme shall be limited to one division of 60 students.
Candidates who have been short listed will have to compulsorily appear for an oral interview along with parents, in order to complete admission formalities by paying necessary fees.
Eligibility for Admission to the Second and Third Year of the LL.B. Degree Programme
Only those candidates who have passed the First Semester Examination of LL.B. Degree programme are eligible for admission to the Second Year of LL.B. Degree Programme.
Likewise, only those candidates who have passed the First, Second and Third Semesters Examination of LL.B. Degree programme are eligible for admission to the Third Year of LL.B. Degree Programme.
Such candidates need to submit the application form duly filled in with original marksheet of the respective semesters (along with certified copy/copies of the same) and will have to compulsorily appear for an oral interview along with parents, in order to complete admission formalities by paying necessary fees.
- Contract I
- Law of Crimes
- Law of Torts
- Constitutional Law I
- Family Law I
- Contract II
- Law of Property
- Family Law I
- Constitutional Law II
- Optional : Right to Information & Law/ Women & Law
- Public International Law
- Administrative Law
- Jurisprudence/Legal Theory
- Optional : Human Rights/ Child and Law
- Optional : Interpretation of Statutes/ Insurance/ Health and Law
- Environmental Law
- Law of Evidence
- Company Law
- Optional : Law of Banking/ Legislative Drafting/ Competition Law
- Optional : Penology & Victimology/ Patent Rights: Creation & Registration
- Labour Law I
- Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
- Optional: Land Laws/ Maritime Law/ Air and Space Law
- Practical Paper I : Drafting of Pleadings and Conveyancing
- Practical Paper III : Professional Ethics, Accounting & Bar Bench Relations
- Labour Law II
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Optional: Intellectual Property Law/ Law of Arbitration/ Law of Taxation
- Practical Paper III : Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Practical Paper IV: Moot Court, Observation of Trial & Interview Techniques
The first, second and the third years of the LL.B. Degree Programme are governed by the fee structure as indicated in the below mentioned table.
|Students Activity Fee||174.00||174.00||174.00|
|University Administration Fee||1000.00||1000.00||1000.00|
|Computer Lab Fee||1000.00||1000.00||1000.00|
|Students Aid Fund||58.00||58.00||58.00|
|Library Deposit (refundable)||1000.00||—||—|
|Moot Court Membership Fee||500.00||500.00||500.00|
|Legal Aid Cell and Awareness||500.00||500.00||500.00|
|Cyber Society Fee||500.00||500.00||500.00|
|Kare Law Journal||200.00||200.00||200.00|
|College Development Fee||1000.00||1000.00||1000.00|
|Bar Council of India Registration Fee||100.00||100.00||100.00|
|TOTAL FEES (Rs.)||27,882.00||26,882.00||26,882.00|