Eligibility for Admission to the First Year of LL.B. Degree Programme B.A.LL.B. Programme in accordance with OC-34A1.3
Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary or 12th Standard Examination of Goa Board of Higher Secondary Education or any other equivalent examination recognized by Goa University of any stream of knowledge with a minimum of 45% marks (40% Marks in case of SC/ST applicants), shall be eligible for admission to the First Year provided the candidate: Appears and is declared passed at the common or college entrance examination. If the candidate is from any Board or University other than Goa Board the Higher Secondary Education, the candidate should obtain the eligibility certificate from Goa University.
Documents to be submitted:
- Birth Certificate or Original S.S.C./H.S.S.C. Passing Certificate for proof of age (along with self attested copy).
- Original Statement of Marks of H.S.S.C. Examination or Equivalent passed (along with self attested copy).
- Leaving Certificate/Transfer certificate from the Principal of the college last attended.
- In case of students other than from Goa Board of Higher Secondary Education, Eligibility Certificate and/or Migration Certificate as the case may be, from the Goa University for the purpose of confirmation of admission.
Candidates who are desirous of seeking admission are required to fill in the application form and submit the same to the office completed in all respects by attaching relevant documents.
The College shall conduct an entrance examination for eligible candidates. This examination shall be conducted in the English language and shall be of 2 hours duration consisting of objective type and/or short answer questions consisting of the English language, general knowledge and current affairs, computer knowledge, logical reasoning & aptitude and writing skills.
The admission will be based on merit giving equal weightage to performance at both – the qualifying examination and entrance examination and accordingly short listed candidates that can take admission will be displayed.
Candidates who have been short-listed will have to compulsorily appear for an interview and counseling along with parents.
Admission shall be finalized by the Admission Committee on the basis of the aggregate of marks secured at the qualifying examination and the entrance examination..
Admission formalities will be completed only upon payment of necessary fees.
The intake capacity for the B.A.LL.B. Programme shall be limited to one division of 60 students, inclusive of the State Reservation Policy.
Eligibility for Admission to the Second Year, Third Year, Fourth Year and Fifth Year of the B.A.LL.B. Programme
Admission to these years is in accordance with provisions of relevant Ordinances of Goa University
Eligibility enables a student/candidate only for admission and not for the appearance at the examinations.
Candidates need to submit the application form duly filled-in with original mark-sheet of the respective semesters (along with certified copy/copies of the same) and will have to compulsorily appear for an interview along with parents, in order to complete admission formalities by paying necessary fees.
- General English I
- Legal Research and Methodology
- Environmental Studies
- Major Paper I : Political Science
- Minor Paper AI: Economics
- General English II
- Law of Contract I
- Law of Torts
- Major Paper II : Political Science
- Minor Paper A II : Economics
- Constitutional Law I
- Law of Crimes
- Law of Contract II
- Major Paper III : Political Science
- Minor Paper A III : Economics
- Family Law I
- Property Law and Easement
- Constitutional Law
- Major Paper IV : Political Science
- Language(Foreign) : Portuguese/ Special English
- Family Law II
- Company Law
- Environmental Law
- Major Paper V : Political Science
- Minor Paper BI : History
- Legal Theory
- Labour Law I
- Major Paper VI : Political Science
- Minor Paper B II : History
- Optional: Insurance/Interpretation of Statutes/Health Law
- Labour Law II
- Law of Evidence
- Administrative Law
- Minor Paper B II : History
- Optional: Human Rights/ Child and Law
- Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Optional : Criminology, Penology & Victimology /Patent Rights: Creation & Registration /IT Law
- Optional: Banking Law/ Legislative Drafting/Competition Law
- Law of Taxation
- Practical Paper I : Drafting of Pleadings and Conveyancing
- Practical Paper II : Professional Ethics
- Optional : International Trade law /Law and Medicine/ Trademarks & Designs Law
- Optional: Land Law/ Maritime Law/Air and Space Law
- Practical Paper III : Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Practical Paper IV : Moot Court
- Optional : Copyright/Media and Law /International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Optional: Law and Education/ Investment Law/Humanitarian & Refugee Law
- Optional: Right to information and Law/Women and Law
B.A.LL.B. Fee Structure
|University Registration Fee||500.00||–||–||–||–|
|Students Aid Fund||58.00||58.00||58.00||58.00||58.00|
|Moot court membership Fee||500.00||500.00||500.00||500.00||500.00|
|Legal Aid Cell and Awareness Fee||500.00||500.00||500.00||500.00||500.00|
|Cyber Society Fee||500.00||500.00||500.00||500.00||500.00|
|Kare Law Journal||200.00||200.00||200.00||200.00||200.00|
|Identity Card Fee||100.00||100.00||100.00||100.00||100.00|
|Bar Council of Indian Registration||100.00||100.00||100.00||100.00||100.00|